American Leak Detection - Horrible experience
I was very disappointed with this company.We had a main water line break which we could only hear and not see so it was required for us to hire this company to detect the leak, apparently they are the only company in UT that detect leaks.
We paid them $335 for them to come out and they said they detected the leak under my front porch and placed a big blue X in the spot they said it was. I hired a plumbing company to come and fix the leak, it required 2 plumbers , renting a jack hammer and paying them to destroy almost my whole front porch for the plumbers to not find water or a pipe! I called American Leak Detection and told them they needed to come back out because they didn't find the leak, the guy came back out but was very rude. He did his test and was like "oh it's in your lawn next to your porch"!
I was upset because not only was my porch destroyed I had to pay the 2 plumbers by the hour for a whole day, which didn't need to happen in the first place and didn't make me any closer to fixing my leak. I contacted American Leak Detection and it took almost the whole day for the owner to call me back, he then told me the only thing he could do was refund my $335 I paid them to come out. I asked him about the giant hole in my front porch, the lost time and the time I had to pay the plumbers and he said he was not responsible for that, that there's nothing more he could do for me. I had to pay the plumbers to fix their mistake!
Please be aware of this so that this won't happen to you, usually companies want to make their customers happy so they don't end up with upset customers but this company doesn't care about making their customs happy.
I will not send anyone I know to this company ever!!!Please save yourself the headache!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Failed in effort to find leak
- I got ripped off
- Did not find the largest leak
- Owner response to problem
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- American Leak Detection Residential Services
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "Window World thied to put my NEW replacement windows in my brick house cut out 4 windows put up wood and didnt seal or clean up I had to sealand..."
- "Installed LeafFilter around the 1st of April 2013. We paid $5800 for the LeafFilter product on our house with a lifetime warranty. Sure the gutter does not clog... because..."
- "Having pool tiles removed and new ones placed plus acid wash today and tomorrow at a cost of over $5000. I have MANY pictures where the original tiles never made..."
- "Being new to Utah I saw the RC Willey commercials and liked them. The store in Draper spoke of high quality. I purchased two down couches, a recliner rocker, kitchen..."
- "I paid $5276.00 by Check that did not bounce, for furniture in the store and found them at another location (Ashly Furniture,) for a little less about $635.00 less! So..."
- "As I went to EZ Pawn shop in West Valley City, Utah to get some money on my 19 inch flat screen TV that I hardly used. The guy that..."
- "I am very, very, very dissatisfied with Telmex. It does need a very long time before I'm getting upset. It's my personality as well I spend several years as a..."
- " Attention: CEO: Beryl Raff CFO: Laura Kirsner COO: Joyce Hrinya Regarding Account Number: 480213852429 XX I purchased some jewelry from your company on July 17, 2014, and August 6,..."
- "I was notified that I had won the Birds & Blooms Great Backyard Giveaway contest. I was in formed that I had won (one) HOLIDAY BELL™ with Hummingbird Wind Catcher..."