American Leak Detection - Horrible experience
I was very disappointed with this company.We had a main water line break which we could only hear and not see so it was required for us to hire this company to detect the leak, apparently they are the only company in UT that detect leaks.
We paid them $335 for them to come out and they said they detected the leak under my front porch and placed a big blue X in the spot they said it was. I hired a plumbing company to come and fix the leak, it required 2 plumbers , renting a jack hammer and paying them to destroy almost my whole front porch for the plumbers to not find water or a pipe! I called American Leak Detection and told them they needed to come back out because they didn't find the leak, the guy came back out but was very rude. He did his test and was like "oh it's in your lawn next to your porch"!
I was upset because not only was my porch destroyed I had to pay the 2 plumbers by the hour for a whole day, which didn't need to happen in the first place and didn't make me any closer to fixing my leak. I contacted American Leak Detection and it took almost the whole day for the owner to call me back, he then told me the only thing he could do was refund my $335 I paid them to come out. I asked him about the giant hole in my front porch, the lost time and the time I had to pay the plumbers and he said he was not responsible for that, that there's nothing more he could do for me. I had to pay the plumbers to fix their mistake!
Please be aware of this so that this won't happen to you, usually companies want to make their customers happy so they don't end up with upset customers but this company doesn't care about making their customs happy.
I will not send anyone I know to this company ever!!!Please save yourself the headache!
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Failed in effort to find leak
- I got ripped off
- Did not find the largest leak
- Owner response to problem
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- American Leak Detection Residential Services
- Review category
- Household Services
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Almost 2 years ago, we called Feldco to have new windows put in. 2 men showed up at the door ready to get started. One of them did not speak..."
- "Three weeks ago, I had a LeafFilter rep come by and tell me about the system. He had this great portfolio that with detail told me how they were above..."
- "I had Morning Star Bamboo installed by a HSS (Home Service Store) recommended installer, and paid for it by a loan facilitated by LL. I signed a contract that..."
- "We purchased the edge royalist 5th wheel a year ago October. Our first problem started 2 weeks after we purchased it. The roof on the slide out leaked like a..."
- "Stay away! They guaranteed us a full deep cleaning. One of the owners came to our house for an inspection and we were very specific about what we wanted. We..."
- "My local company purchased by Amerigas, my tank, my delivery invoices, and my bill stated to make checks out to Silsbee Propane the price per gallon goes up every delivery,..."
- "Another guess for dnamydog! Results were greyhound, Dalmatian, bulldog and schnauzer! What a joke!!! I even included a picture of our Dog that is an Austrailian Cattledog and looks and..."
- "I bought a 2006 Mitsubishi eclipse. It took me three jobs and six years to save for a new car. Mind you, I am a single parent of three. I'm..."
- "As I went to EZ Pawn shop in West Valley City, Utah to get some money on my 19 inch flat screen TV that I hardly used. The guy that..."